To promote and enhance effective communication as a translator, interpreter and teacher of English.
Oct. 2017 – Jan. 2018 – The Translation Studies Centre in Sosnowiec. Postgraduate studies.
- Simultaneous and consecutive interpretation in medicine and law.
Oct. 2013 – June 2014 – The Translation Studies Centre in Sosnowiec. Postgraduate studies.
- Simultaneous and consecutive interpretation: General training with elements of specialized language (law, medicine, technology).
Oct. 2012 – June 2013 – LEGIS College of Certified Translators and Interpreters in Rybnik under the umbrella of the Ministry of Justice. Postgraduate studies.
- Legal and certified translation and interpretation.
Oct. 2011 – June 2012 – The Higher School of Marketing Management and Foreign Languages in Katowice. Postgraduate studies.
- English translator and interpreter.
Oct. 2007 – June 2009 – The University of Silesia in Katowice. Faculty of Philology in Sosnowiec. Full-time studies.
- English philology: Teaching specialization, master’s degree.
- MA thesis titled:“The Comparative Analysis of Verbal Irony in the Language of Politics Based on Polish and English Political Debates”; supervisor: prof. zw. dr hab. Janusz Arabski (DSc, prof.)
Oct. 2004 – June 2007 – Teacher’s College of Foreign Languages in Zabrze under the scientific and didactic supervision of the University of Silesia in Katowice. Full-time studies.
- English philology: Teaching specialization, bachelor’s degree.
- BA thesis titled: “The Comparative Analysis of Polish Translations of the Raven by Edgar Alan Poe”; supervisor: dr Adam Wojtaszek (PhD).
- Nonobvious Things When Translating Ophthalmic Texts; Organizer: Linguini; Oct. 26 – Nov. 20. 2019; online.
- Introduction to Audiovisual Translation. Organizer: Freeling Foundation – Translators for Translators; Oct. 5, 2019; Wrocław.
- Hospital Discharge Summary – module 1 i 2. Organizer: Linguini; Oct. 1, 2019; online.
- Forms, Routes of Administration and Dosage of Drugs in Medical Records. Organizer: Linguini. Oct. 1, 2019; online.
- Training in GDPR for translators and interpreters. Organizer: Świgońska Law Firm; May 23 and 30, 2018; online.
- Translation of Medical Records. Specialty: Gynecology and Oncological Gynecology. Organizer: Freeling Foundation – Translators for Translators; March 4, 2017; Warsaw.
- Translation of Hospital Discharge Summaries and Imaging Reports. Organizer: Freeling Foundation – Translators for Translators; May 22, 2016; Warsaw.
- The Principles of Keeping Medical Records in the Light of Current Law. Legal Responsibility Related to Keeping Medical Records. The Seminar of the Hospital Knowledge Academy for the Medical Staff of the Supra Group; April 18, 2016; Zabrze.
- Shaping the Way We Teach English 2: Paths to Success in ELT. Organizer: University of Oregon; USA; April 1, 2016; online.
- Translation of Clinical Trial Documentation. Organizer: Freeling Foundation – Translators for Translators; Nov. 22, 2015; Warsaw.
- Master Your Presentation Skills in the English Language – the Art of Making Presentation. Organizer: Business Expert Academy; Oct. 7, 2015; Gliwice.
- Internal Auditor of the Quality Management System ISO 9001: 2008. Organizer: TUV Rheinland Poland; April 20, 2013; Zabrze.
- Contract Law. Organizer: Świgońska Law Firm; July 2012; online.
- A-VISTA interpretation. Organizer: Świgońska Law Firm; May 2012; online.
- Methodological conferences organized by the Macmillan and Pearson Longman between 2006 – 2014.
- Assistant to Directors of Healthcare Facilities. Organizer: The European Law Studies. March 15, 2011 – Nov. 30, 2011; Warsaw.
WORK EXPERIENCE: TRANSLATION & INTERPRETATION
Nov. 2018 – current: LANGUAGE LINK in Cracow, Poland.
- Simultaneous and consecutive interpreter.
Nov. 2018 – current: Behlert & Behlert Tłumaczenia i Konferencje in Cracow, Poland.
- Simultaneous and consecutive interpreter.
June 2018 – current: Quantumlive sp. z o.o. in Buk, Poland.
- Simultaneous and consecutive interpreter during training videoconferences – group and one-on-one sessions on business and personal development.
- Simultaneous interpreter of audio recordings on business and personal development.
- Translator of texts/articles in areas such as psychology, business and medicine.
May 2015 – current: EURO-MEDICO Ewa Ogłodek in Piekary Śląskie, Poland.
- Translator of medical articles in the field of psychiatry intended for publication in Polish and foreign science journals indexed in the JCR.
- Translator and interpreter in an international project under the umbrella of the ERA-NET NEURON: Mapping and Interrogating Top-down Control of the Memory Engram of the Posttraumatic Stress Disorder between 2018-2021.
Sept. 2009 – current: SANVIMED SPECIALIZED HOSPITAL in Zabrze, Poland.
- Coordinator for foreign patients qualified for orthopedic procedures. Translate patients’ medical records. Am a liaison between patients and medical staff. Prepare hospital medical documentation in English. Am a liason between the hospital and the company referring patients.
- Simultaneous interpreter during medical conferences: Acellular Collagen Implant CHONDROFILLER for the Treatment of Articular Cartilage Defects (July 10, 2014; Żory); Challenges in Orthopedics (Nov. 26-27, 2015; Łódź).
- Escort interpreter during business meetings at the HealthCare Commissioning Show Annual Conference (June 29-30, 2016; London).
Sept. 2016 – June 2018: Tajchman Clinic Limited in Kalisz, Poland.
- Simultaneous and consecutive interpreter during weekly training videoconferences on the Gerson therapy. Interpreted presentations of cases with cancer and autoimmune diseases along with treatment protocols delivered by doctors from around the world, comments and discussions. Was a liason between foreign patients and the Polish doctor. Translated patients’ medical records and e-mails between foreign patients and the Polish doctor.
- Simultaneous and consecutive interpreter during training courses on ozonetherapy and prolozone therapy: Ozone Certification Course by Frank Shallenberger, MD, HMD, ABAAM; Beginning Prolozone Certification Course by Frank Shallenberger, MD, HMD, ABAAM. (March 29 – April 2, 2017; Reno-Nevada, USA).
Jan. 2014 – current: Other interpretation services during conferences/videoconferences, congresses and business meetings:
The list of events is available at:
Sept. 2009 – current: Other translation services for companies and individual clients, e.g. scientific articles, summaries of scientific achievements, medical records, contracts, promotional materials, websites, including but not limited to:
- Slavis sp. z o.o. sp. k., Scafom-Rux Polska, Global Service Provider in Siemianowice Śląskie, Stella del Mattino in Italy, Medical University in Warsaw, Silesian University of Technology in Gliwice, The Culture Centre „Toszek Castle”, The Toszek Council, Duda Clinic in Katowice, The University of Silesia in Katowice, The Seminary of theOrder of Friars Minor Capuchin – Kraków Province, Yes Translations in Tarnowskie Góry, Yess Language Solutions in Będzin, Gabinet Dietetyczny Justyna Nowak in Jaworzno, Salud Śląskie Centrum Zdrowia Katarzyna Gwizdek in Tarnowskie Góry, Foundation “Organo pleno” in Zabrze, Kursy Szkolenia Konferencje PERFEKT Magdalena Kucaba-Pogońska in Dąbrowa Górnicza, Grupa Spektra sp. z o. o. in Dąbrowa Górnicza, NZOZ Ośrodek Wczesnej Diagnostyki i Leczenia Nowotworów (commissioned by the Institute of Oncology in Gliwice), Weilandt Elektronik Sp. z o.o. in Lubliniec, QA sp. z o. o. in Warsaw, SP Racing Sp. z o. o. in Warsaw, RM Lingua Rafał Mikicki in Bydgoszcz, Jakub Smolewski IT Global Consulting in Warsaw.
The list of publications is available at:
WORK EXPERIENCE: EDUCATION
Sept. 2014 – current: BUSINESS EXPERT in Gliwice, Poland. Cooperation in language training for businesses.
- Companies: Future Processing Gliwice, Mostostal Zabrze S.A., Biprohut sp. z o.o. Zabrze.
- Subject areas: BE SKILLS UP FOR PRESENTATIONS: the Language of Presentations and Public Speaking; business English; legal and business conversation classes; general English.
Sept. 2009 – current: SANVIMED Specialized Hospital in Zabrze, Poland.
- Language training: Medical and general English. Teach medical staff to be able to communicate with foreign patients.
Sept. 2009 – current: Individual language trainings in general, medical and business English; to take exams or go abroad, etc.
June 2016 – June 2018: DB Cargo Polska S.A. in Zabrze, Poland.
- Language training: Conversation classes in the field of professional development and organizational psychology. Prepared students for conducting trainings in English.
Oct. 2008 – June 2009: Foreign Language School GERMAN in Zabrze, Poland.
- Individual language training: General English.
Oct. 2006 – June 2007: Foreign Language School DEUTSCH in Zabrze, Poland.
- Group language training: General English.
* Diplomas and certificates will be made available upon request.